Litton is a small village on the north west side of the Mendip hills in Somerset.
This site is intended to provide a source of information on Litton Parish Council and the parish of Litton for the benefit of the parishioners. You will find minutes of Parish Council meetings, announcements and general information on this page.
For current Weather information see here.
The Litton Lakes provide excellent Walking and Fishing opportunities.
Meetings are Bi-Monthly
And will be held in January, March, May(AGM), July, September, November on the first Wednesday of the month, 1930 at Litton Village Hall. All welcome.
Amenities and Communities
- There is an active Cricket Club with regular fixtures throughout the season.
- The Village Hall is available for hire all year round and hosts Dinners, Music Nights, Theatre, Coffee Mornings, Table Tennis and other events.
- The Village Pub, The Litton
- Pre-school - Red Room
Pre-School Annex / 01761 240 700
- Saturday 11th June 2016 - Village Fete and Queens Birthday celebrations.
- Every Month: Third Thursday at 1030 - Coffee Morning in the Village Hall. All Welcome.
- Every Month: First Wednesday at 1930 - Litton Parish Council Meeting in the Village Hall. All Welcome.
Parish Council Meetings
Minutes of Council Meetings, Annual Accounts, Tithe Map and the Village Design Statement can be found here.
Litton parish council meet on the first Wednesday of each month at Litton village hall at 7.30pm. All members of the public are welcome. We also usually have our local Mendip councillor, Tom Killen in attendance, and also Harvey Siggs, head of Mendip council, attends when he can.
Advice to land owners and dog walkers on walking dogs in the countryside.
A lot of misinformation regarding dog walking and land owner rights often occurs. The downloadable document here published by Hampshire County Council provides a lot of useful information to dog owners and especially land owners.
To download, click here!.
Litton Parish Council Standing Orders
Clerk: Debbie Jackson email email@example.com